Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thankful Thursdays~Small Praises 6





I’m thankful for a lot of things this week.

~I’m thankful for my son’s eye infection which we discovered last Thursday is getting better. (Prayers would be appreciated for complete healing.).

~I’m thankful for spring’s slow arrival. Although it’s not totally here, there are signs of its approach.

~ I’m thankful for my Lord, throughout the past couple of months, things have been really dark. Slowly and tenderly He is renewing and caring for me.

~I am thankful for my online friends and prayer warriors, especially through this season of conflict with the church, and my husband’s troubles. Your support, even if I don’t know who you are, is really felt and appreciated.

~I am thankful that I can look forward to container gardening again this year, as a new-found hobby. I am delighted to think of the possibilities of the flowers I can grow this year. (I will be doing a post soon about this subject, so for those of you who are a little more advanced than I am, please come back and offer your advice.)

~I am truly thankful for the Lord whose love and mercy is everlasting.

For more Thankful Thursday posts please visit, here.

12 comments:

Denise said...

I will be lifting your son, as well as you, up in my prayers. Thanks for having a grateful heart, even when times are hard, bless you.

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Let me know how the gardening goes. As I get older, I find myself more and more interested in plants and growing things...I'm even going to invite my grandmother over (a MAster Gardener) to help me get one going this year. My only problem is that I don't have a green thumb, so this garden is going to require LOTS of prayer!

Have a FANTABULOUS week!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Beautiful list. I'm glad your son is starting to get better. I look forward to hearing more about your container gardening. Have a wonderful week!

Deena Peterson said...

Father, I pray for healing for this eye infection, and I pray for peace, resolution and restoration in this conflict this family is facing. Fill their hearts with joy and their mouths with singing, and send them reminders of Your presence each and every day. I praise You for her faithfulness to give you thanks and praise even in the midst of trouble. Bless her richly, dear Father, in Jesus' name, amen.

{{{{{{{{{{{{warm hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great list! And if you have any container gardening tips please let me know. I didn't have much luck last year!

marlise said...

I enjoyed your list. Thanks for sharing.

TheMaskedSparrow said...

I will pray for your son.

We do indeed have a lot to be thankful for. Praise God.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I'll be lifting up your son!
I'm glad the Lord is leading you out of darkness. I have seasons like that and am always thankful for what He does for me.
I'm not a gardner but I'm thankful for those of you that love it!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Small praises are the BEST praises. I love this list. Amen... Amen....

Lyndy said...

I am new to your blog via Thankful Thursday. I will certainly be praying for your sons eye infection. Great list of things to be thankful for.

Blessings to you and I look forward to “visiting” with you again.

Lyndy

Anonymous said...

Oh dear - I am a week behind on your thankful. I am sorry!

I am glad to hear that the Lord is healing your hurts from inside out :)

Gardening is fun, but I do not have the patience for it *sigh*...

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness...

Blessings to you and yours...

Vicki said...

Thinking of you and sending love and hugs!