Monday, March 12, 2007

God showed up??

Hi everyone!! It is good to be back to blogging. Yes, I missed all of you, but I needed the break. I really felt that at the beginning of the break like I was spiritually anemic and being refreshed by IVs or something. The Lord seemed to be bringing me back to renewal one slow step at a time.

It was nearly three weeks, and I stayed away from daily reading your blogs. I know a lot of 'life' has happened to each of you, and I look forward to catching up with you all.

The three weeks has been a topsy turvy time. It was filled with much more Bible reading than I have been doing in the past. It was filled with some days of nearly non-stop crying out to the Lord. It was a very lonely dark time. But it was a necessary time to get my eyes off of everyone, everything and to get them back to the Lord. I think all of you may be wondering how and when God showed up. Well, looking back, He never left!! It was me that needed the cleansing, and the convicting of sins, habits, and thought patterns.

I think one of the most meaningful times was last night. It really was neat, on the last night of the fast, to really get down to business. Almost like a climax. Something similar that you would experience at a retreat or a conference, on the last night....a spiritual consecration time some may call it. Well, last night, it was as if I finally got to the place where the sins that were blocking my relationship with the Lord were finally realized and confessed. And then, WaLaWa, sp? Yeah! It was as if the blocker to the stream was finally lifted. I'm visualizing a wooden board blocking water to flowing to irrigation systems, they used in the west back in the 1800- early 1900's. It was as if finally the wooden board was pulled away and free, cool Living water flowed in my soul again.

I still am on a hard journey. The church conflict only intensified while I was on my blog fasting. However another main discovery I made during my "self-pity" party days during the fast: There is someone in the world who is going through something harder than what you are!!!! SO, I'm going to be praying for that person, even if they are unknown to me, on my deep dark days of conflict management.

I also am looking for God at church in different ways. He showed up yesterday at the church service, in a way that really ministered to me. But in a way that was unexpected. This taught me to really not put Him in a box.

Well, enough for now, of my ramblings. I need to go get lunch. I really appreciate the prayers and the emails, while I was gone. Give me a few days to come around to every one's blogs for a visit.

11 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Hi. I'm glad to see you back and to know that you were renewed. I have seen A LOT of people taking blogging breaks this winter, and it has helped me to know that I need to really analyze how I use me time.

Take your time with everything!
God bless you.

HeyJules said...

Hey, great to have you back! Isn't it great to spend some time just being with God and breaking from the ways of the world for awhile? Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled you are back. Sometimes we just need to take the time to really 'dig in' His Word. Be still before Him to know what His plans are for us...
I know - I have been there many times, believe me. So times were harder than others.

I am sorry that the conflict at church is still going strong. Just remember that He is stronger :)

Blessings to your day and always.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah AMP :) thanks for leaving a message on my blog.

Praise God for His faithfulness and the unblocking of His living waters.

Amen Amen amen!

Constance said...

I was delighted to see that you've returned! After reading your post, I remembered what I had written on your last post.

"Drink deep from the well, it's there that the water is the coolest, purest and most satisfying!"

A coincidence? I think not!
Connie

Anonymous said...

love what Connie wrote :) I'm taking it as a prophetic word to me too :)

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling quite refreshed also...the time spent with my family...out and away from the call of daily routines...was just what we all needed!!! I love Spring Break ;)

Sharon Brumfield said...

I just happened on you blog. I gather that you are either in leadership or a pastors wife. Church conflict! Satan's play ground. I am in a leadership position in our church and it amazes me how our llives become the dart board for so many. God has just recently taught me what it means to love. To know that even in the pain you can still love. And this is what my husband heard from my lips recently--"Go ahead and do you best. But when I am dancing down gold streets you will be locked away in pit for eternity."

TheMaskedSparrow said...

Hi, looking forward to reading your blogs. Just 'joined' here.

seethroughfaith said...

waiting for you over at into the Bible.

doesn't matter if you are behind -just pick up the good book again and read with us.

Monday we start Nehemiah - my favourite book of the OT - about rebuilding, motivating and standing firm.

http://intothebible.wordpress.com/

seethroughfaith said...

oh and left you a meme challenge too

http://stf.heavenlytrain.com