Tuesday, February 20, 2007

this week's in other word's



"Those who read fast reap no more advantage than a bee would by only skimming over the surface of the flower, instead of waiting to penetrate into it, and extract its sweets."~ Madame Jeanne Guyon ~

This quote is referring to the Bible, according to this week's host.

I really was convicted again reading this quote as well as a recent post by Sissy.

I am spiritually depleted. As you may have been reading from previous posts, I have been going thru some really hard times. I feel that as far as blogging, I don't have anything to give until my spiritual well is replenished. I need to get alone with God and really read the Bible and other helpful resources. If I'm blogging or spending time reading other blogs I put God aside. I have been getting in the blogging trap of seeing how many comments and by whom. I guess I'm saying that I'm taking a blogging fast for a couple of weeks. I need to be replenished, and to re-evaluate my goals for blogging. But primarily I need to be replenished. Feel free to email me, if you have an email address, I'll still respond to you, but I won't be blogging at least until March 12, sooner, if the Lord leads. Please, please pray for me during this time.


11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the LORD. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land."
Jer 29:11-14 (NLT)


16 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Good for you! You know when you need to take a break. Looking forward to "seeing" you when you get back.

Lori said...

Take a break, and like Heidi said..see you when you return.

Blessings.

Basketcollector said...

Hope you find the answers you need and strength to seek God in whatever He has for you!

eph2810 said...

Although it saddens my heart - I understand.
I will be praying for you...You have always so much wisdom to share...

I see you when you get back.

Blessings to you and have a wonderful time with God.

(((hugs)))

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to you, praying for you.

Constance said...

Jesus is our best example of waiting on the Lord. He retreated to be alone with the Father and thus His batteries were recharged. Why do we, who are finite and mortal, not Divine, think we are any different!

Drink deep from the well, it's there that the water is the coolest, purest and most satisfying!
Connie

Delete said...

Prayers for strength are being lifted up for you!

Blessings-Jennfier

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

May God bless you for seeking to put Him first in your life.

Liza on Maui said...

remember your God...our God...is loving and kind. Enjoy his tender mercies and loving kindness and you seek to be closer to Him.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I took a break last fall and came back to a new blog with a new zest for sharing my faith. Breaks are good.
May you find the strength and inspiration you need.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Taking a break to spend time with God can only be a very good thing! God bless you during this time!

Anonymous said...

amen

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to let you know many are praying for you---myself included. May your break away from blogging be a blessing in the Lord. May He strengthen you deep in your inner being, that you may know how much you are loved and cared for.

Hugs & prayers,
V.

Anonymous said...

hi - a break is good - and I wanted you to know that I'm praying for you.

I've missed your input over at into the Bible too

and look forward to your return - but it's great that it's in GOd's hands and that you trust Him to guide you

hugs and heaps of blessings
your sister-in-Christ, Lorna

Anonymous said...

hugs ... missing you but praying for you too :)

View from the Trekant said...

Just a thought - sometimes when we feel the most broken and empty- those can be the times we we give the most. Just your admission that you need to charge your batteries is an encouragement to others to do the same.

Hope you are finding the rest and replenishment that you need!