Monday, February 12, 2007

This week's in other words



"We are urgent about the body; He is about the soul. We call for present comforts; He considers our everlasting rest. And therefore when He sends not the very things we ask, He hears us by sending greater than we can ask or think."~ Richard Cecil ~


"I long to worship Jesus with the heart of a child, in a state of pure and true adoration. Yet so many things of the world cloud my thoughts and pull on my heart until it's no longer just a girl in the arms of the Father"~ Darlene Schacht ~"The Mom Complex"


If you notice, there are two quotes above. The first one is for this week, the second one is from last week, which I never wrote about. When I read the quote for this week I knew that I had to share my experiences from the past 10 days or so. When the quote from D. Schacht was posted, that caused me to cry. Iris last week chose such an excellent one that it really touched me and the Lord used it. I saw it on Friday Feb. 2, when it was first posted and it started a chain reaction of events. It was the turning on of the light bulb so to speak, or the straw that broke the camel’s back. I began to examine what was wrong with my spiritual heart. It took me several days to really unclutter everything and get down to just hearing the Lord’s voice. I felt uncomfortable. I felt unloved. I felt in between two points. I was being tested, and much more. Last Tuesday came and went when I could write about the quote. I felt too sad, and inadequate to write anything. I made a conscious decision to begin praising the Lord on Wednesday morning of last week despite my feelings. Soon some of the gloom lifted. Then bang! Thursday afternoon, my husband (who is a pastor) brought home news of another added dimension of our church conflict that we are in the middle of. It was another awful attack against us. How could people be so cruel? I really was sad.

On Friday the weather was good for a change and I had some shopping to do. I found a Christian book which really spoke to me. I glanced through it and knew that it was a ‘keeper’. When I brought it home and began to read it, and the corresponding Scripture verses, I began to see some of the things that the Lord was trying to tell me earlier. I was convicted of my thoughts, attitudes, etc and other areas of my life. I finally began to see that the Lord loves ME!! These past few days as I have been reading the book and searching the Scriptures and being convicted~have been uncomfortable, and where I sought comfort the Lord was calling for me to make changes in my heart and mind. Now, the first and second quote is so true in my life!! I feel loved, and I know that He is at work in my life.

8 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

It sounds like you are going through a hard time right now, but it is good to hear that things are getting better.

Yes, people in churches can be very cruel. I try to not know about this kind of stuff (although I know it happens).

But whatever happens, God won't forsake you. I am saying a little prayer for you.

Denise said...

God loves you so much, and His love is forever.

Becky said...

Your response to the storms of your life is such an encouragement. You prayed. You waited. You looked for God's hand in the situation. You trusted him. You searched for something wholesome to fill your mind with. You took comfort in the scriptures. As a result of all of this, God is providing a way for you to deal with the pain and providing an outlet so that you will not sin in response to the hurt. God bless you.

View from the Trekant said...

I am praying for God to bless you and your husband in your struggles.

Thank you for reminding us all how praising God in the midst of difficulty can life the cloud of discouragement.

I've struggled to believe that, yes, God really does LOVE me too, so I think I know where you're at.

Lisa said...

I completely know where you were at and where you are heading! Praise the Lord for using that little book to redirect you to Him and His truth...that you are loved. I'll pray for you today, that you would continue to run to the arms of your Savior and not let the issues get in the way.

Blessings,
Elisa

Amydeanne said...

The Lord has Always loved you. I'm so glad you're seeing it now. I have a hard time seeing it myself alot of the time.
hugs and prayers!

Delete said...

I am so glad things are turning around for you.

Blessings-
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You know - I have to say, that I really don't like His pruning sometimes, but I know it is necessary in order to be His hands and feet in this world. If would just 'fly' through life without growing, we could not become a witness for Him. How would than tell the nationsa about His goodness...I still don't like the sifting...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts this week with us...Hope to see you on Thankful Thursday...