Friday, January 5, 2007

This week's in other words



“Wherever you are spiritually, whatever you have been through emotionally, you are already wrapped in the Lord’s embrace. Held close by nail-scarred hands.” (Liz Curtis Higgs, author of Embrace Grace)

This is an excellent quote Iris from Sting My Heart has picked out for Tuesday's January 9 "In Other Words". See Iris' blog on Tuesday to read more takes on this quote. I'm writing this post a little early because I have some extra time today.

As I reread this quote a song came into my mind. I remember singing it at church and at camp. But I think the words are very appropriate here. I don't know many of the verses, but here's what I remember.

For Those Tears I Died

"Jesus said,
'Come to the water
stand by my side
I know you are thirsty
you won't be denied...

I felt every teardrop
when in darkness you cried
and I strove to remind you
that for those tears I died' "

I don't remember anymore from the song. But I do remember that I also sang this as a youth alone in the bathroom with tears running down my face, as I encountered difficult problems in my life. I also sang it at other times in my adult life as I once again faced hard times. I am also singing and crying now as challenges continue in our family. But this song and this quote reminds me that the Lord is here, even when I feel alone. When I fall to my knees, with tears, He is holding me close with His nail-scarred hands. It truly is why He died, for salvation, and for victory.


My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. John 10:29


I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Psalm 16:8


He is always watching, never sleeping. Jehovah himself is caring for you. Psalm 121:4,5


He was wounded and bruised for our sins. He was chastised that we might have peace; he was lashed--and we were healed. Isaiah 53:5

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Yes, Iris truly picked a beautiful quote for this time, didn't she? Thank you for sharing your heart in this post. I needed this. Sending you warm hugs and gentle prayers to our Father on your behalf. He's got you.

love,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful thoughts on the quote...I LOVE that song...When I read the words I even had the melody in my head. We sing it often at communion at my church...

You know, one thing I so often forget is how much grace He gives us every single day. It truly is amazing...

Please remember to return on Monday night to add your link to the post :). I am glad you had the time to write your post today.

ADasa said...

Love that song too - and I've sung it with tears also! Nice blog! D

Nic said...

I feel you - truly I do. Sending up prayers for your situation - whatever it is. Good post for the IOW.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever heard that song, but I hear the lyrics singing in my soul. I pray that we will both head to the water and stand by Jesus' side...just one day a time... What a refreshing thought to end the night with!

Blessings from under the pile,
Elisa
www.laundry-alternative.net

Becky said...

I have never heard that song. I would love to! I love the lyrics, though. Thank you for sharing. You have such a way with words.

Especially Heather said...

For Those Tears I Died
You said you'd come and share all my sorrows
You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending you away
But just like you promised, you came here to stay
I just had to pray

Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"

Your goodness so great, I can't understand it
And dear Lord I know now that all this was planned
I know You're here now and always will be
Your love loosened my chains, and in You I'm free
But Jesus why me?

Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"

Jesus I give You, my heart and my soul
I know now without God, I'll never be whole
Savior, You opened all the right doors
And I thank You and praise You from earth's humble shores
Take me I'm Yours!

Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"

One of my most favorite songs also :)

Thank you for sharing your heart today, I really enjoyed my visit and will be back.

My CWO is also up...

Be Blessed,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Amen.