Sunday, January 7, 2007

Of Epiphany, Christmas and Comments

Good morning. Just a brief post on this Epiphany weekend (though some churches may have celebrated it last Sunday) to remind us of the wise men who sought our Lord. It is also Christmas...Russian Christmas. I have Russian Orthodox in my ancestory. Their calendar is a bit different than ours. I remember going to one grandmother on or around Dec. 25 and the other grandmother celebrating Russian Christmas. It was fun, we never took our tree down until after January 7. It was like having two Christmases in one year. Sadly, my grandmother died when I was a teenager, and over the years it just wasn't the same.

Comments; It has been brought to my attention that there may be problems with this site. Please if you are reading this, please, please comment. I have done some adjusting that may have solved the problem, but won't know until you try, especially for those with a non-Blogger(Google) account. If you could comment on this post to 'test' the comment section...I would appreciate it. I would like to get everything solved as soon as possible. Thanks so very much.

So enjoy this Christmas Sunday, Epiphany weekend, first weekend in January. Have a blessed day.!

5 comments:

ampraisingHim said...

Just testing this comment section.

Anonymous said...

Yep! I can comment now! That is interesting that you have Russian Orthodox in your ancestry. I know only bits and pieces about that.

ampraisingHim said...

So glad that you can comment now, Heidi. Sometimes we as adults don't appreciate the heritage we have until its too late. But I do cherish the memories and am doing more research to learn more about that side of the family.

Anonymous said...

We never take down our Christmas decoration until January 6th :)...I didn't know though that Russian Christmas is different. Thank you for the education.

Okay - testing the comment section, but then again I didn't had problems on Friday to comment :)

ampraisingHim said...

Glad you can comment, eph2810, there for a while, nonBloggers couldn't. Russian Orthodox is still somewhat a mystery to me. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about it.