Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thankful Thursday ~ Small Praises 2






The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship.
Psalms 19:1 (NLT)

1. I'm thankful for the beautiful sky this week. From cloudy and dreary, to a cold crisp blue, to heavy laden with snow clouds.

2. I'm thankful for the creek, now almost completely covered in snow and ice. A small portion of the flowing water is still visible. How gorgeous.

3. I'm thankful for bobcats! I'm not referring to the four legged kind, but the kind that comes along and plows the town's sidewalk after a snow.

4. I'm thankful for a lady in a medical office. To be honest, at first my feelings toward her was not totally nice. I was on the phone asking a question, not a medical emergency...but a procedural/scheduling question, and she put me on hold~~ after twenty minutes, I gave up. Then I called back, and was immediately put on hold again, I gave up after 5 minutes. Then I called back and was finally able to leave a message. She called back the next day, and the Lord showed me that I needed to be nice....she really was in a very high stress office. So I'm saying Lord, thank you for ...you know who. I also have to be honest...I'm not quite ready to say thank you for 20 minutes of 'elevator music'. Unless........I can say, thank you Lord, for the speakerphone capability on my phone so I could take it away from my ear!!!

5. Thank you Lord for another person on the other end of the phone. This time she was a lady in the customer service department of a Christian supply outlet. I'm thankful for a lovely conversation, and for the chance to get to know her, albeit, briefly.

6. I'm thankful for the cold weather,and for warm hats, and for gloves that allow you to stick your fingers out of them sometimes.

7. I'm thankful for small things that come up that I can do behind the scenes at church.

8. I'm thankful for the people in this week's Prayer Places (see post below to find out what I'm talking about :) ). I'm thankful for the people of: Florida, Newfoundland, and Iraq.

9. I'm thankful for my family.

10. I'm thankful for Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

11. I'm thankful for all my blog friends and visitors.

12. I'm thankful for cozy comforters and quilts.

13. I'm thankful for chocolate milk.

14. I'm thankful when I look at snowflakes close-up that have fallen on a mitten or hat, that they are gorgeous, unique, individual, and special....just as each of us are to God.

For more Thankful Thursday's participants click here on Thursday.

13 comments:

Viamarie said...

You are blessed to have all of these to be thankful for.

Cheers to your day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes -- sometimes it is hard to stay nice when put on hold for such a long time. And you are right, when we see their situation it makes it easier though.
I wish you could show us some photos of the creek -- it must an 'eye-candy'.
Thank you for sharing your thankful list this week.
Blessings on your day and always...

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing and a shiny warrior of God. Patience you must have lots of!

Blessing to you and yours!

Unknown said...

You have a wonderful list of thankfuls. So many things we take for granted.

Blessings to you.

Denise said...

Thanks for having such a grateful heart.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love how you turned a bad experience into a blessing.

Great list!

Blessings~

Lori said...

Your elevator music cracked me up, I love how you turned this around to a blessing. Have a blessed Thrusday.

Unknown said...

Such blessings! That creek sounds GORGEOUS!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

I love your list! God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Your thankful thoughts bring to mind so many more for me to add to my list! Thanks for continuing my day of praising Him!

Anonymous said...

I love your list and in theis weather I am more thankful for hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you ;)

View from the Trekant said...

I love to see a gratitude list - I think there is tremendous power in thankfulness.

Quirkygrace has a thankful list today on her blog as well.

Give thanks to the Lord!