Sunday, January 28, 2007

On This weeks in other words




"Satan's ultimate lie is that you are capable of being the god of your own life, and his ultimate bondage is getting you to live as though his lie is truth."~ Neil Anderson ~


I totally agree with this week's quote. Satan is getting people even Christians to believe the above mentioned lie. What do you do when you see a dear loved one believing Satan's lie?

That's how I feel about this quote this week. I totally agree, but I'm almost helplessly standing by watching a loved one who seems to be caught up in the lie of being the god of their life. Now this person is a Christian, but is temporarily blinded. I feel for them. I love them. I know what they are going through because at times I have gone/(am going) through the exact same thing. A few years ago, I went through an extended time of trying to live life my way. But the Lord soon humbled me and gently and mercifully showed me a better way. HIS WAY. I am not perfect. There are days, or hours, when I struggle to put God in the second seat, and myself in the first. Since I know what it feels like, it is painful to watch a loved one living through an extended time of trying to be their own God.

How to fix it......I guess one thing I learned recently is : I can't be anyone else's Holy Spirit. I can only pray and allow the TRUE Holy Spirit be at work in the other person's life. I can be faithful to God in my OWN life. I am not perfect, but I'm finding the more I trust the Lord in my own life, the more assurance I feel that He is working quietly behind the scenes in my loved one's life.

PRAYER, and LET GOD WORK!! (I have to keep saying this to myself...sometimes over, and over, and over, as I'm literally covering my hand over my mouth before I slip and say something that I shouldn't. I can't say it but only the Lord can!)

11 comments:

jump4joy said...

Oh, how true that quote is!! WE heard a sermon yesterday on vulnerable trust and so many times it would be so easy to just take the situation in my control and try to work it out rather than turning to God in trust and confidence. Pray and let God work! AMEN

Becky said...

"The Lord humbled me and gently and mercifully showed me a better way." We've certainly all been there. Keep praying for your loved one.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Boy have I been there and am there right now. It is hard but your advice to pray and let the Holy Spirit work is so valuable. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

"We can't be anyone else's Holy Spirit" Wow, isn't that the truth! Thanks for sharing your take on the quote this week!

Amydeanne said...

I say to my husband.. "I'm sorry for trying to be your holy spirit" lol. Great points.

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you on your take on this week's IOW quote...We sometimes think that we know much better than God, don't we? I know I have made major mistakes in my life, because I don't wait on Him...Have you ever seen the license plate "God is my Co-Pilot"? My pastor said once: "Well I better not fly with that person. I rather have God be the pilot"...

Blessings on your day and always...

Denise said...

Amen, I agree with you on this. Sweet blessings to you always.

Crystal said...

I enjoyed reading your take on this weeks quote.......thanks for sharing
Blessings

Changed by His Love said...

ouch! We can't be anyone's Holy Spirit? Just teasing...
Isn't it great to know I don't have to be though? God will convict them and change their heart, it just may not always happen in our timing.

Delete said...

I am lifting your family member up in prayer.

Jennifer

Janis Rodgers said...

It is hard not to want to be someone else's "Holy Spirit" isn't it? Especially when we can see so clearly that they are wrong!LOL Keep praying and handing it over to Him! Blessings!