Saturday, February 3, 2007

God Does Love Me AND You

God loves you. Three words. Sometimes they are said almost flippantly. Sometimes they are almost a cliche that the real meaning is lost. But the truth is that it is NOT a cliche.

Tonight, I didn't need a cliche. I needed the truth. I got it. I want to share it with you.

3 How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ. 4 Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure. 6 So we praise God for the wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son. 7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven. 8 He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
Eph 1:3-8 (NLT)

He, God of all universe, loved me; loved you way before time. He loved us so much that He chose us....go back and reread this.

And this....

9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:9-10 (NLT)

Can you think of any other "LOVE" passages to share? It's more than just a cliche...it is the TRUTH!!!!

2 comments:

Constance said...

I am currently using 1 John 4:7-10 as my "signature" for e-mails. I change the scriptures up periodically. I decided a long time ago to do this because it's one way I can witness to others.
Connie

Anonymous said...

I really like 1 Corinthians 13. I don't remember the study, but instead of love in that chapter - but "Christ" and it so true. And than of course John 3:16, which I think even unbelievers know :)...

I missed you on Tuesday, so I just wanted to check if you are doing okay and I hope you will have time tomorrow to share with us your thankful list.

Blessings on your Wednesday afternoon. Much love,
Iris