Thursday, January 18, 2007

Small praises; Thankful Thursday




1 O LORD, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens.
Psalms 8:1 (NLT)

1. I'm thankful for the Lord, for truly His majesty is too awesome to completely understand.

2. I'm thankful for winter weather.

3. I'm thankful for a beautiful sunrise, and a partially frozen creek which I was able to enjoy seeing on my morning walk.

4. I'm thankful for cold temperatures that keeps my water bottle in the car relatively cool as I did errands today.

5. I'm thankful for ice build up on another person's car that when we had a fender/bender today in a parking lot that the majority of the damage was the ice being knocked off her rear bumper and some scratches/nicks on the paint on my car's rear bumper. (Now I'm praying for a understanding husband ;) )

6. I'm very thankful that there were no injuries to #5.

7. I'm thankful for the brief amount of sunshine this morning and the beautiful clouds.

8. I'm also thankful for the snow that is on its way....we've had such a mild winter that we really could use some snow.

9. I'm thankful for my blogging friends, and visitors.

10. I'm thankful that I can finally get on the Internet....our ISP was down for quite a while this morning.

11. I'm thankful for the people in the places I chose as this week's Prayer Places.

(See Iris at Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday participants)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi ampraisinghim. That is a great list. I'm so glad to find someone else who likes winter. Right now, here in Va., I'm awaiting our first snow...at least some flurries.

Blessings to you. I'm glad I found you...I'll be back.

Delete said...

Thanks for this post. Your mention of Prayer Places had me curious so I searched your blog for more info. Your book recommendation is going on my reading list. My husband's great grandparents on his father's side are French Canadian. I know don't know much about the history but I'd love to learn more to be able to share with our girls. Books always seem the best way for me to learn so I'll check out the "The Meeting Place" the next time I'm at the library. Jennifer

Amy said...

Oh yes! I can really relate to the verse you shared here - thanks :-)

View from the Trekant said...

Great thankful list!

The great thing about gratitude is how is changes your life for the better when you recognize all the good things the Lord has done for you.

Thanks for the nice comment you left on my new blog!

Anonymous said...

Boy, glad you could get online, this is a great list.

Molly said...

Thanks for sharing your site with me. What a blessing to read such encouraging words. Having a thankful heart at all times (good and bad) is vital in my walk with the Lord. Keeps my eyes on Him, focused on the real goal.

Janis Rodgers said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I am still waiting on snow myself, but none yet. I enjoyed reading your list! Blessings!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love winter too!
A wonderful list--thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today. You know, being thankful for the even the smallest of things buts a smile on my face...

Blessings to your evening and always...

Chrixean said...

Thank goodness nothing bad happened to you guys after the parking lot incident. Safety and security are blessings indeed! My thankfuls are up!